Friday, May 29, 2009

Hospital Stay #3 Day #7 Going Home!

A few updates
  • Trey is going home today
  • Surgery is postponed for at least a month (they want Trey to get bigger & stronger)
  • Trey is over 8 lbs!!!
Prayer Requests
  • For Trey to stay OUT of the hospital until surgery time
  • No more pneumonia
  • For Trey to either NOT have to have the surgery AT ALL or to only need the Nissen Surgery (click link for more info) and not the G-tube placement.
  • For Trey's continual growth & development
  • James, Naomi, & the girls

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hospital Visit #3 Day #5

They got the results from the upper GI and the swallow test and both have showed fluid getting into the lungs. Most likely trey is going to have to have surgery on his stomach the first of next week. This surgery will help close up the top of his stomach to keep acid reflux from going up to his lungs. They also may insert a permanent g tube because of his results from the swallow test. We don't know if they will keep him intill the surgery or not. They are not releasing him tonight though.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hospital Visit #3 Day #4 - A FEW STEPS BACKWARDS

I just got off the phone with James & Naomi.

Trey has taken a few steps backwards. The plan was to go home today, but after hearing crackles in the left lung (pneumonia is currently in the right lung) and reviewing Trey's swallow test from yesterday, the doctors are deciding to keep him. The swallow test showed that Trey aspirates some of his milk instead of spitting it up or coughing it up as most babies do. This is what potentially could be causing the recurrent pneumonia. He had an X-ray performed today to check his status on the pneumonia and the left lung, and will be having an Upper GI tomorrow to determine the route they will take concerning the results of the swallow test. A feeding tube has been discussed and will be determined after the GI study.

Please continue to be in prayer for...
  • the upper GI tomorrow - that the results will be clear and that a plan can be made
  • Trey's growth and development
  • the pneumonia to dissipate
  • wisdom for the doctors & nurses that are caring for Trey
  • strength, wisdom, & peace for James & Naomi.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Hospital Visit #3 Day #3

Trey is probably going to stay another night now, but he's doing much better. The good news is he now weighs seven pounds ten ounces!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hospital Visit #3 Day #1

Trey came home Thursday, but he has been admitted at Vanderbilt again. The doctors found another spot on his lungs and think it is another small pneumonia. He has a head cold as well, pray his stay will be a short one.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Going Home.

Trey is supposed to go home today. Praise the Lord! He will go home on a small increase in oxygen but at least he will be at home.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hospital Visit #2 Day #4

Thank you for your prayers. Trey is now stable and has been moved out of the ICU. They are beginning to wean off the lasix and steroids. Once that is done, if he can keep his SATS up, they will release him to go home. Hopefully that will be in the next couple of days.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Trey's current room

Please continue to pray for baby Trey as he is in the hospital.  See detailed update below.

Hospital Stay #2 Day #3

  • Trey is in the ICU
  • He has pneumonia
  • He MAY have a partially collapsed right lung 
Please be in prayer for his recovery, growth & development, & for James & Naomi. THANKS!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hospital Visit #2 Day #1

Trey has pneumonia. Not sure on viral or bacterial. Started antibiotics.
AND he is a whopping 6 lbs. 10 oz.

Trey is currently in Vanderbilt's ER. His SATS were dropping, & the dr. advised them to come on in. Bloodwork has been drawn and XRAYS have been taken. He will stay the night and see a reflux specialist in the morning.

thank you for your continued prayer.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Trey is still at home and doing okay. We have a visit with the pulmonary
specialist at Vanderbilt on Friday. Our prayer is that they will allow him
to start eating more than one ounce at each feeding so he won't be hungry
all the time. His last weight taken was Saturday so hopefully our next
update we'll have news of a big jump in his weight! Our biggest prayer
requests right now are that he doesn't catch any sickness (any sickness puts
him in the hospital and is hard for him to fight off) and for his
development. There is an elevated risk of Cerebral Palsy because of the
steroid he got at such a young age. (2 weeks) There is also elevated risk of
neurological problem because of the time of restricted oxygen flow to the
brain at his birth.(20 min.) There are many more possible side effects with
a preemie, but these are our biggest concerns at this time. There is no way
of telling if he has these side effects or how severe, until it comes time
for certain "landmarks" for him to reach. (rolling over, sitting up,
crawling, walking, speech, ect.) We have seen the miracles God has done in
Treys life already (thanks in large part to your prayers) and we know he can
work another miracle in Treys development too. However if it is God's Will
for Trey to have a disability then we will accept His perfect will, and be
thankful for the life God has chosen to spare in our little boy. Thanks
again so much for your prayers!

Friday, May 8, 2009


Trey is home and doing good. We took him to the doctor today and he is SIX POUNDS! Thanks again for your prayers.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hospital Visit #1 Day #4 - Going Home TOMORROW!

Going home tomorrow! Trey has turned the corner with his oxygen and they are able to wean him down a little. He will go home requiring breathing treatments every four hours until his oxygen is down back to what it was before we got here. Thank you for your continued prayers for him and us through this situation!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hospital Visit #1 Day #3

They are keeping us at least one more night. Trey will be getting some steroid breathing treatments every 12 hours and regular breathing treatments every 4. They are still not able to wean him down on his oxygen at all. They are hoping the steroid will reduce inflammation in his throat allowing air to flow through easier. If this works, they should be able to lower the oxygen support some.

Viral infection?

They are keeping us at least one more night (last night). They believe Trey has a viral infection and will keep him till he's past the worst of it. Once he's seemed to turn the corner for good they will send us back home.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Trey admitted

They have determined that fluid overload was not the problem because the lasix did not help. And the blood work came back ok. They are keeping him overnight and he's going to see a pulmonary specialist first thing in the morning. Thank you for your prayers.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pray for Trey - in the ER

email via James' sister - James asked me to send you an update on Trey. I don't know if you heard, but they had to take Trey to Vanderbilt today. His SATS were not where they needed to be, and so the doctor wanted them to go to Vandy to have a chest x-ray, to see if there was fluid build up in the lung again. They have taken the x-ray and it looks ok. They are running some blood work now. They have given him a dose of LASIX. He is at .3 liters on his o2 requirements. If they can wean him down to .1, they will send him home. If not, they will keep him overnight. So far, they have not been able to wean him at all. He is currently in the Critical Care Unit at Vandy Childrens Hospital ER.