Trey has taken a few steps backwards. The plan was to go home today, but after hearing crackles in the left lung (pneumonia is currently in the right lung) and reviewing Trey's swallow test from yesterday, the doctors are deciding to keep him. The swallow test showed that Trey aspirates some of his milk instead of spitting it up or coughing it up as most babies do. This is what potentially could be causing the recurrent pneumonia. He had an X-ray performed today to check his status on the pneumonia and the left lung, and will be having an Upper GI tomorrow to determine the route they will take concerning the results of the swallow test. A feeding tube has been discussed and will be determined after the GI study.
Please continue to be in prayer for...
- the upper GI tomorrow - that the results will be clear and that a plan can be made
- Trey's growth and development
- the pneumonia to dissipate
- wisdom for the doctors & nurses that are caring for Trey
- strength, wisdom, & peace for James & Naomi.